In this article, you will find the steps to connect your Sage courseware to Moodle using the Follett digital delivery tool, Willo, with your campus program. You can also watch a quick video here that will walk you through the steps to connect to Willo.
Part One: Pairing Your Course
1. Navigate to your Moodle course and turn editing on by clicking the gear icon in the upper right and selecting Turn editing on.
2. Click Add an activity or resource in the module where you'd like to add the Sage link. Click External tool in the pop-up menu that appears.
3. On the next screen, click the Preconfigured tool dropdown menu and choose the course pairing and deep linking tool that your Moodle administrator has set up. This might be called Willo or Follett-Willo Digital Delivery.
4. Under Privacy, uncheck the Accept grades from the tool option. Then, choose Select content and open the link in a new window.
You should now come to the screen where you can Auto Pair with your Sage courseware. If you are teaching more than one course using the ACCESS Program, you may see multiple courses to select. Please be mindful of the materials that you are selecting.
Note: If you are not showing materials to connect with, please select "I don't see my course materials" and then select "I have a Product Token".
5. After selecting the Follett-Willo Digital Delivery link, the associated course materials will appear if:
- There are multiple courses, or
- Your Moodle username and Willo system name match exactly
You should now see a list of courses to choose from. If the correct course information appears, click the appropriate green Select button.
Note: If the course information is not accurate, you will need to enter in a Product Token. Please see the Product Token section below for more information.
The header of the selected course materials will be highlighted in green and display a check-mark. Select the Review Details button next.
The Review Selected Course Materials screen will appear. Review the course information and ensure it appears correctly. If the course information is correct, select the Confirm Selection button.
Click the Confirm Selection button. The screen will display that the course was paired successfully. Next, select the Course Management button and skip to Step 6.
Please note: This step is only necessary if your course materials do not auto-populate in Step 5.
To use your Product Token:
- Enter the six-digit Product Token code
- Select the Verify button.
- Skip to Step 6.
If you do not have a Product Token code, please email email@example.com.
6. Verify that the integration details look correct on the next page. If everything looks good, proceed with the course pairing by clicking Course Management.
Part Two: Adding a Sage Link to Your Moodle Content
7. Once you have paired your course, click Add Publisher Links and then select Continue to Sage Vantage to set up or connect to your course.
8. You will be prompted to log into your Sage account using your Sage credentials.
9. If you have already created a Sage Vantage course for this term, it will appear listed on your Sage Vantage dashboard. Select the course you will use for this term and skip to Step 13.
10. If your Sage Vantage dashboard indicates "No active course found", select the Go to Vantage option.
11. The Sage dashboard will display previous courses utilized which can be copied to a new course for this term. Select the gear icon in the top-right corner of a previous term's Sage course to copy for this term and select Copy.
12. You will be prompted to edit the details for your new course. Fill in the requested information and then select Next.
13. Next, you will be able to select which chapter readings/course materials/assignments you would like to sync to Moodle.
In the middle of the screen, you can filter by Assignment type ("All Resource Type") as well as by Chapter and/or individual or All Assignments. Once an assignment or assignments have been selected, select the Continue button.
14. You will be prompted to review the assignment or assignments selected and select the Continue button to add the specific links into your Moodle course.
Part Three: Accessing Sage Content in Moodle
14. Once the assignment or assignments have synced to Moodle, you will be prompted to return to Moodle. The synced assignment or assignments will now appear in a new module in Moodle labeled Imported Course Resources and will appear at the bottom of the modules page.
15. Click on the Dashboard Sage Vantage link. You will need to select the Academic Term that your course will be active in.
16. Now Students will use the Sage Vantage assignment links to launch to Sage Vantage for access and to complete the assignments.
Looking to Add Additional assignment links or chapter links?
To add additional Sage Vantage content specific links into your Moodle course, complete the following steps. These links will take the student to those specific assignments.
- Click on the Willo Link that you created in your Moodle course.
- Click on Add Publisher Links and then click on Continue to Sage Vantage.
- Now utilize the "Select Assignments to Sync with Your LMS" screen (as explained above in Steps 13 & 14)
- Navigate back to Moodle and your additional links will be added to the Imported Course Resources module at the bottom of the modules page.
Return to the modules area in Moodle. You should now be able to publish and use the content you just added! If you have any questions, please reach out to either your Sage representative or Submit a Request to the Follett - Willo Labs Implementation Team.