In this article, you will find the steps to connect your Cengage courseware to Canvas using the Follett Willo Digital Delivery 1.3 tool with your campus program.
**Please note that you cannot use the course converter tool to convert your existing Cengage links.
Part One: Pairing Your Course
1. Navigate to your course in Canvas. Inside any module area, click the + button in the upper-right corner.
2. Select External Tool from the upper dropdown menu.
3. Scroll down and select Follett Willo Digital Delivery 1.3. Then click Add Item.
Note: This app will be listed either as Willo or Follett-Willo Digital Delivery 1.3
** If you do not see either, copy and paste the following respective links into the URL fields:
You should now come to the screen where you can auto-pair with your Cengage courseware. If you are teaching more than one course using the ACCESS Program, you may see multiple courses to select. Please be mindful of the materials that you are selecting.
Note: If you are not showing materials to connect with, please select "I don't see my course materials" and/or "I have a Product Token".
4. After selecting the Follett Willo Digital Delivery link, the associated course materials will appear if:
- There are multiple courses, or
- Your Canvas username and Willo system name match exactly
You should now see a list of courses to choose from. If the correct course information appears, click the appropriate green Select button.
Note: If the course information is not accurate, you will need to enter in a Product Token. Please see the Product Token section below for more information.
The header of the selected course materials will be highlighted in green and display a check-mark. Select the Review Details button next.
The Review Selected Course Materials screen will appear. Review the course information and ensure it appears correctly. If the course information is correct, select the Confirm Selection button.
Click the Confirm Selection button. The screen will display that the course was paired successfully. Next, select the Course Management button and skip to Step 6.
Please note: This step is only necessary if your course materials do not auto-populate in Step 4.
To use your Product Token:
- Enter the six-digit Product Token code
- Select the Verify button.
- Skip to Step 5.
If you do not have a Product Token code, please email email@example.com.
5. Verify that the integration details look correct on the next page. If everything looks good, proceed with the course pairing by clicking Course Management.
Part Two: Adding a Cengage Link to Your Canvas Content
6. Once you have paired your course, click on Add Publisher Links and then Continue to Cengage.
9. You will now need to log into your Cengage account using your Cengage credentials.
10. Now click on Add Homework Platform You will chose this for all courseware.
11. Now locate the content that you are using for your course and select and click on Link to Course
12. You will next be prompted to Create a new course, Copy from an existing course, Copy from another instructors, or Link to an Existing Course. Select the one that best fits your need for this course. Then click on Continue
13. You will now select if you would like grade columns to populate in your Canvas gradebook. The first option will allow for an overall course grade for all courseware activities while the second option will allow for specific grade columns for each activity.
- If you are not using the courseware for a grade, you will want to chose the second option I want to synchronize individual activity scores
14. Go back into Canvas and you will now see the Cengage Courseware link inside of Canvas. You can move this link to any module that you would like. Students will use this link to launch out to the MindTap and to Purchase access to their materials.
Looking to Add Specific assignment links or chapter links?
To add Cengage content specific links into your Canvas course. eBook, chapter links, quizzes, or other assignments you will now follow the following steps. These links will take the student to those specific assignments.
- Click on the Willo Link that you created in your Canvas course.
- Click on Add Publisher Links and then Click on Continue to Cengage
- Now Click on Select Content This opens the Content Selector for Cengage
- Select the specific links you would like to have in Canvas and then click on Continue
- Navigate back to Canvas and you will locate your links in a new module created at the bottom of the page titled Imported Course Resources. You can now move these links to any content area that you would like them to be in.