In this article, you will find the steps to connect your Cengage courseware to Brightspace using the Follett Willo Digital Delivery 1.3 tool with your campus program.
**Please note that you cannot use the course converter tool to convert your existing Cengage links.
Part One: Pairing Your Course
1. Navigate to your course in Brighstpace. Inside any module area select the Content button across the top left hand bar.
2. Click Add a module and name that module Course Resources or similar. Click into that module.
3. In the newly-created module, click Existing Activities.Select Follett-Willo Digital Delivery 1.3 or Willo from the list of external tools.
Note: This app will be listed either as Willo or Follett-Willo Digital Delivery 1.3
** If you do not see either, Select Create New LTI Link and insert one of the following LTI URLs below.
You should now come to the screen where you can auto-pair with your Cengage courseware. If you are teaching more than one course using the ACCESS Program, you may see multiple courses to select. Please be mindful of the materials that you are selecting.
Note: If you are not showing materials to connect with, please select "I don't see my course materials" and/or "I have a Product Token".
4. After selecting the Follett Willo Digital Delivery link, the associated course materials will appear if:
- There are multiple courses, or
- Your Brightspace username and Willo system name match exactly
You should now see a list of courses to choose from. If the correct course information appears, click the appropriate green Select button.
Note: If the course information is not accurate, you will need to enter in a Product Token. Please see the Product Token section below for more information.
The header of the selected course materials will be highlighted in green and display a check-mark. Select the Review Details button next.
The Review Selected Course Materials screen will appear. Review the course information and ensure it appears correctly. If the course information is correct, select the Confirm Selection button.
Click the Confirm Selection button. The screen will display that the course was paired successfully. Next, select the Course Management button and skip to Step 6.
Please note: This step is only necessary if your course materials do not auto-populate in Step 4.
To use your Product Token:
- Enter the six-digit Product Token code
- Select the Verify button.
If you do not have a Product Token code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Verify that the integration details look correct on the next page. If everything looks good, proceed with the course pairing by clicking Course Management.
Part Two: Adding a Cengage Link to Your Brightspace Content
6. Once you have paired your course, click on Add Publisher Links.
7. You will now need to log into your Cengage account using your Cengage credentials.
8. Now click on "Add Homework Platform" You will chose this for all courseware.
9. Now locate the content that you are using for your course and select and click on "Link to Course"
10. You will next be prompted to Create a new course, Copy from an existing course, Copy from another instructors, or Link to an Existing Course. Select the one that best fits your need for this course. Then click on "Continue"
11. You will now select if you would like grade columns to populate in your Brightspace gradebook. The first option will allow for an overall course grade for all courseware activities while the second option will allow for specific grade columns for each activity.
- If you are not using the courseware for a grade, you will want to chose the second option "I want to synchronize individual activity scores"
12. Go back into Brightspace and you will now see the Cengage Courseware link inside of Brightspace. You can move this link to any module that you would like. Students will use this link to launch out to the MindTap and to Purchase access to their materials.
Looking to Add Specific assignment links or chapter links?
To add Cengage content specific links into your Brightspace course. eBook, chapter links, quizzes, or other assignments you will now follow the following steps. These links will take the student to those specific assignments.
- Click on the Willo Link that you created in your Brightspace course.
- Click on "Add Publisher Links" and then Click on "Continue to Cengage"
- Now Click on "Select Content" This opens the Content Selector for Cengage
- Select the specific links you would like to have in Brightspace and then click on Continue
- Navigate back to Brightspace and you will locate your links in a new module created at the bottom of the page titled Imported Course Resources.