In this article, you will find the steps to connect your VHL courseware to your campus program.
Part One: Pairing Your Course
1. Navigate to your course in Canvas. Inside any module area, click the + button in the upper-right corner.
2. Select External Tool from the upper dropdown menu.
3. Scroll down and select Follett Willo Digital Delivery 1.3. Then click Add Item.
Note: This app will be listed either as Willo or Follett-Willo Digital Delivery 1.3
** If you do not see either, copy and paste the following respective links into the URL fields:
You should now come to the screen where you can auto-pair with your VHL courseware. If you are teaching more than one course using the Inclusive Program, you may see multiple courses to select. Please be mindful of the materials that you are selecting.
Note: If you are not showing materials to connect with, please select "I don't see my course materials" and then select "I have a Product Token".
4. Click on the Select button associated with the desired course materials and then the Review Details button to move to the next step.
Note: In the event that the correct adoption is not listed, instructors may select Search Course Materials to view course materials available to their institution or I have a Product Token to enter a product token provided by the Willo Labs implementation team.
The Review Selected Course Materials screen will appear. Review the course information and ensure it appears correctly. If the course information is correct, select the Confirm Selection button.
The screen will display that the course was paired successfully. Next, select the Course Management button and skip to Step 4.
Please note: This step is only necessary if your course materials do not auto-populate in Step 2.
To use your Product Token:
- Enter the six-digit Product Token code
- Select the Verify button.
- Skip to Step 3.
If you do not have a Product Token code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Verify that the integration details look correct on the next page. If everything looks good, proceed with the course pairing by clicking Course Management.
Part Two: Adding a VHL Link to Your Canvas Content
6. Once you have paired your course, click Add Publisher Links and then select Continue to VHL to set up or connect to your course.
7. Enter your VHL username and password to link your VHL account with your LMS account.
Note: This step will only need to be completed once. If you've previously linked accounts, you will not need to do so again and can skip to the next step.
8. On the Course Connector page, click on the radio button next to the VHL course section that needs to be linked to the LMS course, and click LINK THIS SECTION.
9. Select LINK TO CURRENT ASSIGNMENTS to add a link to the student dashboard, LINK TO SPECIFIC ACTIVITY or LINK TO SPECIFIC ASSESSMENT to add links to specific assignments, or LINK TO VHLCENTRAL HOME to add a link to the vhlcentral page to the LMS course. Note that links can only be added one at a time.
10. Click on Close window.
11. Click Add Item to add the link the module.
Part Three: Grade Sync
Vista Higher Learning supports grade sync. VHL grade sync functionality only attempts to create grade columns and push grade to the LMS after an assignment's due date has passed. Students in the course must also link the LMS and VHL accounts in order for their grades to sync. To configure assignments for sync, instructors should follow the below steps.
1. Access the Gradebook in the VHL course, and select LMS Sync.
2. Select Edit Settings.
3. Update grade sync status to Enabled, choose with grade data to sync, and then click SAVE.
Part Four: Link Conversion
Link conversion is supported for VHL. Note that if a course has been linked directly through the VHL tool prior to conversion, it will need to be unlinked so that it can be re-linked via the Willo tool. Instructors can follow the below steps to un-link and re-link their course.
To convert your existing VHL links please follow the steps outlined in the Link Conversion Guide
1. After the conversion has been completed, click on the VHLCentral Home link in the course. Note that if this link is not already present in the course, it may be added (as outlined in the III. Instructor Setup / Deeplinking section of this guide).
2. You will be navigated to the Course Connector page and prompted to link to your course section, which has already been linked via the VHL tool. To un-link, click on vhlcentral in the upper-lefthand corner.
3. Select LMS Partner Links.
4. Locate the section (currently linked via the VHL tool) that will need to be linked through Willo and click Unlink.
5. Click UNLINK. After this point, the original course link through the VHL tool will be un-tied.
6. Click on the VHLCentral Home link in the course again, and you will be navigated back to the Course Connector page. Click on the radio button next to the VHL course section that needs to be linked to the LMS course, and click LINK THIS SECTION.
7. All of the links in your LMS course will now link into the relevant course section.