In this article, you will find the steps to connect your Cengage courseware to Moodle using the Follett Willo Digital Delivery 1.3 tool with your campus program.
Part One: Pairing Your Course
1. Navigate to your Moodle course and turn editing on by clicking the gear icon in the upper right and selecting Turn editing on.
2. Locate the module that you would like to add your Cengage link and click Add an activity or resource.
Select External Tool.
Click on Select content.
3. Scroll down and select Follett Willo Digital Delivery 1.3. Then click Save and Return to Course.
Note: This app will be listed either as Willo or Follett-Willo Digital Delivery 1.3
** If you do not see either, copy and paste the following respective links into the Tool URL field:
You should now come to the screen where you can auto-pair with your courseware. If you are teaching more than one course using the Inclusive Program, you may see multiple courses to select. Please be mindful of the materials that you are selecting.
Note: If you are not showing materials to connect with, please select "I don't see my course materials" and then select "I have a Product Token".
4. Click on the Select button associated with the desired course materials and then the Review Details button to move to the next step.
Note: In the event that the correct adoption is not listed, instructors may select Search Course Materials to view course materials available to their institution or I have a Product Token to enter a product token provided by the Willo Labs implementation team.
The Review Selected Course Materials screen will appear. Review the course information and ensure it appears correctly. If the course information is correct, select the Confirm Selection button.
The screen will display that the course was paired successfully. Next, select the Course Management button and skip to Step 4.
Please note: This step is only necessary if your course materials do not auto-populate in Step 2.
To use your Product Token:
- Enter the six-digit Product Token code
- Select the Verify button.
- Skip to Step 3.
If you do not have a Product Token code, please email email@example.com.
5. Verify that the integration details look correct on the next page. If everything looks good, proceed with the course pairing by clicking Course Management.
Part Two: Adding a Cengage Link to Your Moodle Content
6. Once you have paired your course, click Add Publisher Links and then select Continue to Cengage to set up or connect to your course.
7. Enter your Cengage username and password to link your Cengage account with your LMS account.
Note: This step will only need to be completed once. If you've previously linked accounts, you will not need to do so again and can skip to the next step.
8. Now click on Add Homework Platform You will chose this for all courseware.
9. Now locate the content that you are using for your course and select and click on Link to Course
10. You will next be prompted to Create a new course, Copy from an existing course, Copy from another instructors, or Link to an Existing Course. Select the one that best fits your need for this course. Then click on Continue
11. You will now select if you would like grade columns to populate in your Moodle gradebook. The first option will allow for an overall course grade for all courseware activities while the second option will allow for specific grade columns for each activity.
- If you are not using the courseware for a grade, you will want to chose the second option I want to synchronize individual activity scores
12. Go back into Moodle and you will now see the Cengage Courseware link in the Modules. You can move this link to any module that you would like. Students will use this link to launch out to the MindTap and to Purchase access to their materials.
Part Three: Adding Cengage Assignment Links to Moodle
To add Cengage content specific links into your Moodle course. eBook, chapter links, quizzes, or other assignments you will now follow the following steps. These links will take the student to those specific assignments.
- Click on the Willo Link that you created in your Moodle course.
- Click on Add Publisher Links and then Click on Continue to Cengage
- Now Click on Select Content This opens the Content Selector for Cengage
- Select the specific links you would like to have in Moodle and then click on Continue
- Navigate back to Moodle and you will locate your links in a new module created at the bottom of the page titled Imported Course Resources. You can now move these links to any content area that you would like them to be in.