This document walks through the process of copying your Integrated Brightspace/D2L course from one semester to the next. This is a simple process that requires only a few steps. To get started, you should have your Brightspace/D2L course for the new term as well as the name of the course you want to copy from the previous term.
Step 1: Copy your previous course content into your new course shell
- Go to the course offering that you want to copy into (destination course)
- Click from the drop down menu Course Tools > Course Admin
- In the Course Administration page, under "Site Resources" select "Import/Export/Copy Components".
- Select Copy "Components from another Org Unit"
- In Search for offering, search box type the course offering containing the course you want to copy from.
- Click "Add Selected".
- If you want to copy the entire course, click "Copy All Components".
- If you want to copy some of the course, click "Select Components" and choose the items you want
- After the copy is complete, you will see a green check and you can begin editing the course as desired.
Step 2: Renew your Link for students to access course materials
Once your course content has been successfully copied, your next step is to establish your new Follett Willo course link with the students for your new semester/term.
Navigate to Modules and click on the Publisher Course Link or eBook Link.
You will be directed to the Initialize Course.
If you are using Publisher Courseware - be sure to finish activating your publisher content by signing in to their portal and completing the pairing process.
If you have any questions or need further assistance copying over your LMS course, please contact your LMS campus Admin team or schedule a virtual session with your Digital Support Team.